Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Every episode of this show is so bananas. Jackson and Tessa steal a hybrid. Mitch un-kidnaps pregnant Clementine. Logan is still questioning Jamie for a murder she didn’t commit. And somehow, Abe combining cells from Clementine’s unborn child along with the hybrid’s will help undo the massive sterility plaguing humanity.
- In the meantime, we get loads of flashbacks to the family Oz, showing that Abigail’s whole intent for wiping out the human race is just, y’know, sibling rivalry, feeling that her dad (Ken Olin, WTF?) preferred her brother. Still, she worked some creepy hybrid projects in there, like poor little part-human Abendegos, who did not grow up so cute.
- “You really want to play 20 questions right now?” Sorry Jackson, your girlfriend is an IDIOT.
- Mitch is a badass, though, fortunately. Loved his headbutt. Every single week, Billy Burke seems to be the only performer actually having fun on this show. And, as it turns out, we learn at the end that Mitch is Mr. Duncan. So while he was in the dunk tank, he was able to be manipulated by Abigail and her crew?
- Jackson is genetically engineered to be able to communicate with the hybrids. Noted.
- Clementine taking a stand: “Let us go, or I kill humanity’s last hope.”
- Logan, not so much: “You’ve been arrested, and there’s no takebacks.”
- My daughter watching this show with me: “I don’t understand anything that’s happening.”
- Jamie is the master of stating the obvious. After witnessing a recording of Abigail murdering Leanne: “Abigail.” Or when pondering why Abigail says “we”: “She must be working with a partner.” No wonder she’s such an international super-sleuth!
- Logan isn’t much better though, calling in a new suspect after viewing the recording. New suspect? Really? You have a recording proving that Abigail is the murderer!
- Fortunately, the trail toward the missing Isaac heats up again.
- Next week: A 60-foot snake!