Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Say what you will about Zoo—and you could say a lot of things about Zoo—there’s really no other show ever where a main character is going to climb out of an invisible 60-foot snake all slimed up and say, “Still not the worst place I’ve ever been.”
- So Abigail’s rounding up the kids was some sick sort of animal testing?
- When you invade an evil compound, maybe don’t leave your plane all defenseless and wide open, especially as it contains someone carrying the baby that could save the human race? Who has already been kidnapped before? I mean, I’m no expert.
- Chekhov’s giant water holding tank.
- So Jackson tracks down the wrong (super-unlucky) Sam Parker, but how did Abigail know he was headed there? I hate when Zoo outsmarts me. This dialogue was hilarious though: “If you’re telling me some girl’s pregnant, that’s amazing, but I can promise you it’s not because of me.”
- “What the hell? Did that wolf just teleport?” “Maybe?”
- “A 60-foot snake high as a man’s waist.” What? And of course it lives in an abandoned carnival fun house in the middle of a jungle in Peru.
- So, Logan’s going off with a Battlestar cylon, Clementine’s in the tank, and frankly I would have been okay with Dariella and Isaac leaving the plane, it’s weird to have a kid on there. Plus he’s so bored he’s reading the plane manual.
- Anyone else getting some Jackson/Clementine feelings? Because her last boyfriend sounds pretty generic: “He liked country music. Drank gin. Drove a red Ford pickup.” And what’s with all Jackson’s talk about having his heart broken?
- Clementine’s resting facial expression: The Epic Pout.
- So Mitch is still Mr. Duncan? His taking down Jamie was pretty awesome. And it means that Mitch has inherited the shady dealings of his dad Max, who’s carrying the hybrid egg.
- Next week: Octopus-looking thing on a plane!