Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Well, I thought for sure that Grey’s was going to have Maggie blow that surgery, leading her down yet another spiral of despair. So yes, everything turned out okay, for once, even with abdominal TB (who knew that was a thing?) But really, how annoying was she when she took over that surgery? She upends a plan that Hunt had made with his friends to have Riggs do the surgery, just because she needs to get back to work? And takes offense every time anyone just asked if she was okay? I just found her really, really annoying. Again.
- And I don’t lurve the dance it out tradition the way other people love the dance it out tradition.
- Hey, I did like Riggs and Arizona’s banter, that was entertaining.
- The tumor = familial death analogy was typical. And labored.
- So, unsurprisingly, I enjoyed the B story much more than the A. Stephanie at least copped to her own arrogance. Her dismissal of forgettable blond intern guy was pretty funny. And I like how she stuck by him at the end.
- “I was gone for a month and nobody noticed?”
- Karev speaks for us all when her tells Meredith to move on with Riggs already. But it looks like Justin Chambers really isn’t going to be in more than one scene an episode.
- They’re going to put Jackson and Maggie together, aren’t they. Oh god.
- My son’s Grey’s commentary: “So is that hospital going to kill another person? I mean, child?”
- Meredith is going to be in another plane crash next week? Can you believe she ever flies at all?