Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Hey! Hi. Wow, these are some terrible people. Honestly, even they don’t seem to like each other very much. Who do we tune in for?
- Arizona and Minnick: Still the worst. I don’t care if she speaks Polish or makes pierogi or not.
- So many civil wars, we get it! April vs. Meredith, Riggs vs. Alex, Alex vs. DeLuca, Katherine vs. Weber, Jackson vs. Katherine, April vs. Jackson; just exhausting. If I wanted to see that kind of bickering I could hang around my own family. Heyyy-oooh!
- Let’s try the old tactic of the patients representing our doctors’ various troubles. Well, that guy’s boyfriend certainly didn’t mean to blow up his fiancee’s dad with the deep fryer, did he? So the smack-you-in-the-face obvious meaning seems to be that we hurt the people we care about without meaning to. Sometimes things are out of our hands. And sometimes we get blamed anyway.
- Similarly, the cute couple points out that Karev and Riggs’ bickering over their infant’s heart surgery is just freaking them out, not helping anything, even as doctors fight over patients like petulant toddlers jonesing for snack. I once had to get an angiogram where the doctors and nurses were fighting among themselves and it was so stressful that when I look back on it I should have sued all of their asses. Or at least contacted their supervisors.
- Going out on a limb here to predict that Karev and Riggs’ fighting over the surgery is foreshadowing them fighting over Meredith.
- Has there ever been a worse Grey’s storyline than the revolutionary new teaching method? I defy anyone in the comments to come up with more horrible one. (Sure, the Avery Foundation, but that’s tied up here, so it doesn’t count.)
- “I’m going to fight for Richard even though no one wants me to, even Richard!”: Avery
- “Don’t tell Karev because I can’t take the stress! Also I don’t want anyone to know!”: Riggs
- “I promise that you will not ever see Owen even though there’s no way in hell that I can guarantee that won’t happen!”: Maggie The Suckage
- I swear I liked it better when we were tied up in Trump analogies. Sad!