Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Personally, I am tired of seeing Frankie Vargas get shot. I am tired of seeing Election Night. I get it, they’re trying to play up the tragedy of the moment and, normally, seeing the realities of that tragedy slowly unfold week after week would be thrilling. But, it’s just irritating watching these people get played over and over.
- I can see how some people might enjoy watching the slow reveal of Election Night over and over, but we didn’t even get Jake’s “the liquor cabinet is over there” line, so it was a bust for me. I’m ready to move on. Just tell me who the next president will be and if Huck is alive.
- Now we know how Abby fits into this whole mess. It turns out, Abby is a huge ol’ dummy who got played hardcore. After all that time dealing with B613 and learning under Olivia, Abby gets got by 300 million dollars.
- Or really, Abby got got because Fitz has a dumb obsession with Vermont. If Fitz had just agreed on California for his library, Frankie Vargas would still be alive.
- How could Cyrus believe at all that Abby had what it takes to be president? What grooming does she have? We know so little about her background and there are tons of skeletons in her closet. It was almost hilarious how quickly she proved that she did not have what it takes to be president. OF COURSE THERE ARE STRINGS TO THAT MONEY, ABBY.
- Abby also got Huck shot. She sold out Huck and Jennifer for Cyrus. Even though she’s known Huck longer and used to work with him. Fine. Seems like Abby would’ve asked Huck and the Gladiators for help, but the show has done a good job at making Abby and Fitz’s relationship feel real. Her distance from Olivia makes sense.
- How pointless and powerless is Fitz? Fitz literally doesn’t know the truth about the assassination at all (as far as we know) and his staff thinks he’s so idiotic they don’t even turn to him for help. If the president is so powerful, it seems like he could save Abby from the threats of The Fund for American Renewal.
- “The Fund for American Renewal” Well, it’s close enough to “Make America Great Again”
- I still hate the woman who leads TFAR. She’s irritating and of course she’s dating Rosen.
- The entire “switch out the bullets” plot was needlessly complicated. Why didn’t Meg just dress up like a fake coroner, have Abby pull the strings she pulled and switch out the bullets? I guess it explains that whole “uhm…wouldn’t a coroner’s exam clear this up” complaint commenters had.
- At this point, I’m only interested in Susan’s take on Election Night. Where is she? Isn’t she still the Vice President?