Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- If only Jane Espenson could write every Once Upon A Time episode. She has a beautiful way of yoking the series’ fantasy element to something relatable. Granted, Snow and Charming get a bit heavy-handed with their “true love always” bit, and the ret-con was a bit of a stretch, but the curse! Inspired. I was momentarily so frustrated by the fact that the Evil Queen didn’t just crush their hearts then and there, since that’s all she’s wanted forever. Or just kill Charming, since that would make Snow sadder than just about anything. But a rotating sleeping curse! Brilliant.
- On the downside, Blue Fairy’s outfit was hilarious, and almost completely impractical.
- How in the world did Gold manage to get water from the River Of Lost Souls?
- Also, what would Snow know about getting back to normal? Speaking of, whatever happened to her teaching career from just a few weeks ago? Is it just always Saturday there?
- “It’s a sapling.” “A baby tree?”
- Loved everyone’s looks of horror when Regina talked about the chemistry between her and Rumple.
- Robert Carlyle primarily just showing up for a makeout session with the Evil Queen like a boss. Also, the show again proves that Rumple and Belle are about a million times more interesting than Snow and Charming.
- Snow White’s wig looked… slightly improved?