Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Hey, welcome back to Once Upon A Time! It’s been a while, right, now where were we? Oh, right, the wish realm. The wish realm. Y’know, we’ve really taken a lot from this show as it’s dragged us all over the place. The Enchanted Forest, sure. Neverland was kind of a drag, but it ended eventually. Camelot, why not. The Underworld was stretching it, but we hung in there. But the wish realm is a step too far. It really just seems like an elaborate ploy to get Robin back. So what was the point of killing him off in the first place, then?
- Emma does look extremely pretty in the wish realm, though.
- How did Regina write that note so quickly? Magic?
- Hook’s wish realm version was hilarious.
- Wasn’t Pinocchio turned into a little boy the last time we saw him?
- Do we really need a flashback to a quote we already heard in the same episode?
- Robin goes from being completely satisfied with his life to leaving it forever in about an hour or so. It honestly would have made more sense if he hadn’t been able to make the transition, instead of an annoying fakeout.
- Is it wrong to think that if war comes to Storybrooke, at least that would be kind of exciting? Because this season has been a snoozer so far.