Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Apologies for the photos, but the green-screen ones were the only ones available on the ABC website, which was odd.
- The Snow White mantra: “Everything is going to be fine.” But at least in her matronly wear she dons a different wig! So that’s something.
- Emma’s surrender was hilarious.
- So Emma is fighting Morpheus in that dream battle?
- Aladdin looked really pained to be in that ridiculous genie getup.
- Charming looked so happy that one of his ideas actually worked. Then he totally blew his wish on a concept. Why not wish for Snow to wake up again?
- I think Regina as the Evil Queen was peacocking to get Emma to remember in the ballroom.
- Wishes, like magic, always come with a price. Because wishes are magic? Who knows.
- This season is so weird. It’s a welcome change not to have a half-season arc that we know will get wrapped up in 10 episodes or so, but instead, we get a lot of pointless meandering, mostly wrapped around Emma’s vision. What happened to all those people from the Untold Stories, who aren’t Hyde, Aladdin, or Jasmine?