Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Nice touch that the Black Fairy is also find of saying “dearie,” a trait her son has inherited. She may be the worst villain yet: This show has seen a lot of them, but the child torture this episode was hard to watch.
- Didn’t Regina create the Dark Curse?
- Okay, I thought that CGI spider was pretty great, especially busting through the door. And I’m afraid of giant spiders in general, so I found that cocoon thing legit terrifying.
- If this is in fact that OUAT wrapping up for its final season, I think that’s a good call. I know the show was trying something new by breaking away from its two arcs per year, but this season has been an unmitigated mess. At least the Black Fairy is giving everyone a Big Bad to revolve around again. But season one = Intro to Storybrooke. Season two = The Charmings/Evil Queen. Season three = Neverland/Oz. Season four = Frozen/The three female villains. Season five = Avalon/Hades. Not saying that there aren’t other worlds to conquer, but there’s been a lot of ground covered, and the characters are probably all in a good enough place to have the series end with Hook and Emma’s wedding or something. And a baby. A whole new savior!
- But, if the show is instead paring down the cast to just Rumple, Regina, Emma, and Hook, then this “final chapter’ thing could also be a way to get rid of characters like Henry and Belle and the Charmings.
- “I’ve heard of this sort of thing happening. But it’s never happened to me.” The Author writes Penthouse letters.
- “We’re pirates! What did you expect?” I look forward to Hook in Neverland, but it just won’t be the same without Robbie Kay.
- Ha, Hamilton tickets. Also, “ping-pong tournament”?
- NEXT WEEK: I will be unavailable to write up this post, so we’ll see you back here on Sunday, April 23.