Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Taylor is angry with Adam and is now playing a game of revenge. His revenge seems to start by promising Ken and Jessica he’ll vote with them no matter what, making Jessica doubt whether or not they should stick with Adam. Well played for now, Taylor.
- David decides he needs an in with Zeke, so he decides to show him his idol. Curious to see how this plays out in future episodes.
- Did we really need the political discussion aside with Taylor? Can’t we have one thing not associated with this endless election cycle?
- The food for the reward challenge actually looked very tasty for once. Less tasty? The montage of Chris, Zeke, and David passing gas while Michelle looks on uncomfortably. Poor Michelle.
- Bret is pretending to be a funeral director, but Hannah pegs him as a cop right away. Her goal to keep her fellow Millennials skeptical of the Gen Xers and therefore keep her safer in the numbers is a pretty smart one, if it works.
- The extended, silent shot of a shell-shocked Ikabula after the Immunity Challenge was pretty great. When Survivor breaks from its formula, even ever so slightly, it’s always with great impact.
- Tribal Council is immediately focused on trust and talk of incredulity at the other tribes voting out “their own” when they have a majority, which is a big signal that tonight’s vote isn’t going to go down the obvious way. When Jeff’s last word of Tribal is “blindsided,” it’s obvious Michaela is going home.
- “Did you do that?” “Yeah, I did that.” If Michaela could have killed Jay with her mind in that moment, she would have.
- It sucks to see Michaela go home because she was such a fun person to watch, but that was a pretty stealth move by Jay. He definitely has more game up his sleeve than it seemed when he was only hanging around with Taylor and Figgy and saying “bro” a lot.
- Seriously, though, Michaela I will miss you so much.