Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- I always love when Grey’s starts with a high-stakes email search.
- The only thing more cutting edge than an email search? A mid-delivery Skype call from a taxi!
- I have my problems with Jo, but in no way is it her fault that Alex lost his mind and almost beat a man to death. Don’t victim blame yourself, girl!
- Eliza Minnick, the new hospital consultant, kind of feels like a throwback to Arizona’s perkier days. I’m finding her really grating so far, but that seems to be the point.
- Ice skating accidents are deeply disturbing to me so this episode was fun to watch.
- I like Webber, Jackson, and April working together as covert agents (with Maggie and Arizona joining in occasionally). They’re a fun trio.
- Every line delivered by either the injured pregnant wife or her guilt-ridden husband came right out of the “TV pregnancy cliché” handbook.
- The idea that Arizona and DeLuca are roommates is fundamentally absurd for so many reasons.
- “That sounds like someone who won over no hearts or minds.”
- This episode was kind of all over the place, which made it hard to get invested in anything. Later season Grey’s tends to be stronger when it pares down its big cast to tell more focused stories, as it did last week.
- Gwen is out sick tonight so wish her well in the comments! She’ll be back next week when we’ll (hopefully) figure out how/why Alex isn’t in jail.