Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- I always love a good off-format Grey’s Anatomy episode so I appreciate “The Room Where It Happens” on principle if not fully in execution. I found the first half of the episode pretty awkward, but the second half (the Stephanie stuff and especially the Meredith stuff) was a lot more effective.
- Also, Jesus Christ, Grey’s, watching Meredith tell her kids their dad died really wasn’t what I needed during this already pretty awful post-election week.
- I’m not convinced that writing patient fanfiction is actually a useful O.R. technique. On the other hand, is it any more distracting than when the doctors discuss the intricate details of their love lives while performing surgery? Maybe they should just pay a little more attention to their jobs…
- Owen’s much-discussed sister Megan finally makes her debut tonight! Bridget Regan is officially the hardest working actress on TV.
- I’m impressed that Grey’s found new bits of backstory for Richard, a character who has been on TV for the past 13 years.
- Little Stephanie is very cute.
- The patient face-morphing was very Michael Jackson’s “Black Or White.”
- Is this the first time Grey’s has shown Patrick Dempsey onscreen since Derek’s death? I think it might be and it absolutely gutted me.
Next week: The Grey’s Anatomy winter finale.