Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Hey, Julia Roberts’ brother and Jackson Avery’s dad, Eric Roberts! I think he did an excellent job as the twangy deadbeat dad barkeep. He’s like a poor man’s Matthew McConaughey, who in and of himself is a poor man’s Matthew McConaughey.
- This was a nice episode for Jesse Williams. I liked his choice as the narrator for once. Also I hate Jackson and April together, but they fight really well. There’s a chemistry there that reminds you why they used to be a couple.
- Annnnnnd they’re back together. Well, that didn’t take long.
- Yep, that “not having a voice” metaphor was typical Grey’s heavy-handedness: Jackson couldn’t tell his father what he really thought of him until he had the successful surgery under his belt.
- Lord, what is Shonda Rhimes’ obsession with dead children? Doesn’t she realize that it’s actually painful to see comatose children who will never awake, even in fiction?
- Long time no see, Wallace Langham from Larry Sanders and Veronica’s Closet! UPDATE: Apologies for not being more of a CSI fan.
- Jesse Williams totally looks like he could be the offspring of Eric Roberts and Debbie Allen.
- Throat surgery: The grossest thing this show has depicted? It’s definitely up there.
- Overall, that hospital is so convoluted right now, it was nice to get away from it for a week. Even if it means that Jackson and April are back together.