Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- So this was the first Grey’s episode directed by Ellen Pompeo. I thought she did a decent job! Some flashy cuts, some good performances. The candid laughter at dinner was nice. Well done, Meredith.
- It was very Maggie of Maggie to insist on treating her mother, even though everyone knew what a terrible idea that was, and subject her to all sorts of horrible treatment. Also the unnecessary digs at Meredith. Le sigh.
- I know I hate this character a lot, but Kelly McCreary, the actor playing her, really killed it in the scene with Riggs.
- I had a mother who was terminally ill with cancer, and I have to say that this episode felt very true to life. The chemo, the pain of the treatment, the final talks: all very well done.
- I am ready for Webber and Bailey to be over their feud; hopefully they are too.
- Brief glimpse of Alex! Do you think Justin Chambers agreed to come back on a much-reduced schedule? Also no Minnick or April and very little Amelia, which was nice.