Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- The Three Bears Day Spa? Don’t know about the theme, but that was actually a fun outing for the two witchy sisters.
- Are Saviors not supposed to die, ever? Is this show diving into Catholic terminology like it did with the Purgatory of the Underworld? But then Jafar taunts Aladdin by saying that death is the fate of all Saviors. Really, it’s the fate of everyone, right?
- Aladdin looks about a million times better without that hat.
- How can there be an Iago and not an Abu? Or a genie, for that matter.
- “In the movie…”? Really?
- Baby Robin is awfully cute, but there’s no way she’s going to remember her mother turning Hopper back into a cricket.
- Jennifer Morrison could use an acting class in hand-shaking.
- No Robert Carlyle this week, boo.
- What’s with Emma’s white, lacy wardrobe lately?
- “Hyde’s dead.” “Really?”
- First mention of Emma’s “superpower” in a long while.
- Looks like Snow has already ditched her classroom to hang around the police station. That didn’t take long.
- Oh god, that overused “magic with a price” OUAT motto.
- Also not taking long: Evil Queen pushing Zelena back over to the dark side.
- Of all the myths that Storybrooke has translated, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Jafar seem to hold up quite well against the green screen, even with the hourglass. Excellent casting also helps. Aladdin walking out of the crypt was a great moment.