Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Michael is the last orginal Malolo and he knows he’s screwed. He goes idol hunting and finds the stick that Ozzy passed off as a fake idol way back when. “It’s just a fucking stick!” Eliza famously said, but now the stick has actual power. I was hoping for this and it almost makes Ghost Island worthwhile.
- Naviti wins a block-building challenge for some steaks. Malolo is last again. Naviti unanimously sends Kellyn to Ghost Island since she’s already been there.
- There’s finally a game to play at Ghost Island. Kellyn has two-thirds of a chance to win something. She’s gotta risk it for the biscuit. She wins the “steal a vote” that got Michaela voted out of Game Changers. This season could use a Michaela. This time it’s an extra vote, for some reason.
- Naviti enjoys some steaks. Bradley has traditionally been a total dick in his life. Who would have thought? Dom thinks he’s a nasty sonofabitch.
- Wendell is on the hunt for an idol, too. It will not shock you that he finds a clue without much trouble. He follows a map and finds the 10,000th idol of the season. It’s the necklace Erik gave away in Fans vs. Favorites. That was a fun season.
- Malolo burns their tribe flag to reverse the curse. I mean, it hasn’t been tried, so why not?
- Immunity involves swimming, grabbing rings, transporting them, and tossing them. Yanuya wins, and miraculously Malolo comes in second. The banner burning worked! Naviti is headed to Tribal Council.
- The Naviti three can pick off either Libby or Donathan, but Dom isn’t happy with Bradley. Bradley feels Libby is the easiest target. At Tribal Council, Bradley feels they all get along swimmingly! Donathan and Libby are very concerned. Dom wants level-headed people at camp. And what do you know! There’s finally an upset and Bradley is voted out. Maybe things are about to get good on Ghost Island.