Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Bullock is my kind of Captain, doing his best to downplay Jim’s crazy theories despite knowing that Gotham is home to all sorts of insane crimes. “Classic case of wrong place wrong time, where one man takes another man’s skull in his hands and crushes it.”
- In this case, the skull in question is a lab guy working on the cure for the infection in Alice Tetch’s blood, and the crushing hands belong to Mario.
- Barbara is equally as shocked as Nygma to learn of Cobblepot’s feelings towards him: “Personally I find you a bit of a cold fish.”
- Still, Barbara helps him connect the dots in the murder of Isabella, prompting Nygma to approach her, Butch, and Tabitha at the end of the episode and come to an agreement to take Cobblepot down.
- Nothing quite like a scene of rhyming dialogue to get across the idea that Jim Gordon has dark demons buried inside him.
- “Mad City: Beware The Green-Eyed Monster” contains an all-too-brief appearance from Victor Zsasz.
- Gotham’s Sewers: An Oral History
- The way most of Jim’s chase and investigation of Mario played out was predictable and dull, but the climax was a lot of fun. I have no doubt that Gotham will probably fumble the follow through, but in that moment,whereJim shoots Mario in front of Lee, there’s some real potential for interesting conflict moving forward.
- Elsewhere, Bruce, Alfred, and Selina team up to break into the vault where the Court of Owls are hiding…a statue of an owl? I don’t know either.
- Also, Selina’s mom shows up, and I don’t think I have to say that Banshee’s Ivana Miličević is a welcome presence.